Optimizing fonts in WordPress can help improve the loading speed and performance of your website. Here are some tips for optimizing fonts in WordPress:
- Use system fonts: System fonts are pre-installed on users' devices and can be loaded quickly without the need for additional HTTP requests. You can use a plugin like System Fonts or WP Google Fonts to use system fonts on your WordPress website.
- Limit the use of fonts: Using too many fonts on your website can increase load times and affect performance. Limit the number of fonts used on your website and choose fonts that are optimized for web use.
- Use a subset of fonts: By using a subset of fonts, you can reduce the size of your font files and improve load times. Font subsets contain only the characters that are used on your website, which reduces the size of the font file.
- Host fonts locally: By hosting fonts locally, you can reduce the number of HTTP requests needed to load your website. You can use a plugin like Use Any Font or Easy Google Fonts to host fonts locally on your WordPress website.
- Load fonts asynchronously: Loading fonts asynchronously can help improve the perceived speed of your website. By asynchronously loading your fonts, your website's HTML will load first and your fonts will load later, reducing the time to first display.
By optimizing fonts in WordPress, you can improve the loading speed and performance of your website, and provide a better user experience for your visitors.
I want to optimize WordPress
If you want a more specific guide to optimizing WordPress, fill out our Contact Form. In less than 72 hours we will send you the results of a preliminary SEO audit and an action plan that includes times and costs. Don't forget to include the URL of the WordPress website you want to optimize and an email to send you the results.