Here is a detailed guide to improve WordPress loading speed. This includes the importance of backing up and how to use Pagespeed to measure changes before and after your deployment. In addition, it combines optimization plugins that are compatible with each other and with the Astra theme and the Google AMP plugin:
- Back up the website: Before making any changes to your site, it is crucial that you make a backup. This will allow you to restore the site in case something goes wrong during the optimization process. You can do it manually or by using a backup plugin, like UpdraftPlus or BackupBuddy.
- Measure the current performance of your website with Pagespeed: To know how much you can improve the performance of your website, you must measure its current performance using Google's Pagespeed. This will allow you to identify the main performance issues to address. You can do this by visiting Google's Pagespeed Insights page and entering your site's URL.
- Install the Google AMP plugin: The Google AMP plugin allows you to create mobile-optimized versions of your web pages. By installing this plugin you can significantly improve the loading speed on mobile devices. You can install the Google AMP plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Install the WP Fastest Cache plugin: WP Fastest Cache is a caching plugin that can dramatically improve the loading speed of your website. This plugin creates a cached version of your web pages and delivers it to visitors instead of loading all the content anew each time they visit a page. You can install the WP Fastest Cache plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Check website performance with Pagespeed after making changes: After installing and configuring the optimization plugins, it is important to again measure the performance of the website using Pagespeed. This will allow you to compare current performance with the past and see how much things have improved.
- Make additional adjustments if necessary: Depending on the current performance of your website and any performance issues identified by Pagespeed, you may need to make additional adjustments to optimize performance. Some areas to consider include optimizing images, reducing page sizes, and removing unnecessary plugins.
By following these steps, you should be able to significantly improve the performance of your WordPress website using a combination of optimization plugins that are compatible with each other and with the Astra theme and Google AMP plugin.
I want to improve the loading speed of my WordPress website
If you want a more specific guide to improve the loading speed of a WordPress website, complete our Contact Form. In less than 72 hours, we will send you the results of a preliminary SEO audit and an action plan that includes times and costs. Don't forget to include the URL of the WordPress website whose speed you want to improve and an email to send you the results.