There are several success stories of WordPress site migrations to AWS from different companies that can serve as inspiration:
- SmugMug: A photo-sharing website that migrated to AWS achieved cost savings of 40%. They also improved the performance and reliability of their website and simplified their architecture.
- Yelp: Renowned review portal that by migrating to AWS optimized the performance and scalability of its site. They managed to handle a 200% increase in traffic during peak hours and improve the security of their website.
- SoundCloud: Music streaming platform that, by migrating to AWS, optimized the availability, scalability and security of its website. In addition, they reduced infrastructure costs and improved disaster recovery capabilities.
- finish: Financial news and analysis platform that improved its website performance and availability by migrating to AWS. They were able to handle an increase in traffic from 600% at peak hours and improved the security of their website.
- coursera: Online learning platform that, by migrating to AWS, boosted the scalability and reliability of its website. They handled a 10x increase in traffic during peak hours and optimized their site's performance.
- The Independent: News site that by migrating to AWS improved the performance, availability and security of its site. They were able to manage a 70% surge in traffic during peak hours and lowered their infrastructure costs.
- hootsuite: Social media management platform that, after migrating to AWS, boosted the performance and scalability of your website. They handled a 250% increase in peak hour traffic and reduced their infrastructure costs.
What problems did you have with your traditional hosting and how did you solve them?
Common problems organizations face with traditional hosting include poor website performance, limited scalability, high infrastructure costs, and poor web security. Migrating to AWS can help solve these problems by providing a more reliable, scalable, and secure hosting environment at a lower cost. However, the migration process itself can be challenging, and organizations may face issues such as data loss, incompatibilities, and configuration errors. It is advisable to work with an experienced migration partner or cloud consultant to ensure a successful migration and avoid potential issues.